"Don’t take a nude pic if you’re a famous woman and don’t want it leaked."
"Don’t wear a hoodie if you don’t want to be mistaken for a criminal and shot."
"Don’t get drunk at a party if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted."
"Don’t argue with a cop if you don’t want to get killed."
"Don’t walk home by yourself if you don’t want to get raped."
Victim blaming 101: Everyone should live in fear from ever doing anything.
dont become friends with me, ill seem really cool at first but im actually really annoying and i cry alot
"I nominate Mona Lisa and the Girl with the Pearl Earring." [via]
- Megan: ERIN!
- Me: What?! What's wrong?!
- Megan: You look so cute in that dress!
- Me: God, Megan, don't scare me like that! Thanks, though. I figure if I'm gonna get busted for helping you pull off some illegal maneuvers, I might as well go to jail looking cute.
- Megan: Oh, my Erin. Always so dramatic. I missed you.
- Me: The speed limit here is 40.
- Megan: So?
- Me: So slow down.
- Megan: Do you wanna drive? Just kidding, you drive like a grandma. I wanna get there sometime today.
- Me: Don't tell your sister I did this for you, by the way. She asked me for the same favor one time and I told her to fuck herself.
- Megan: For real?
- Me: Yeah. [Megan starts laughing] It's not funny! This is the kind of thing that would really piss her off.
- Megan: I know, that's why it's funny. She'd be like, "Why did she help YOU and not ME?"
- Me: Stop, you sound just like her, it scares me.
- Megan: "I asked her to do ONE thing for me and she told me to fuck myself."
- Me: I'm going to jump out of the car, Megan, I'm serious.
- Megan: Ah, shit. I hate my sister so much. I'm gonna stop off at home after this and punch her in the face.
I don’t want to get too excited in case I end up being completely wrong, but we got a new girl at work who seems competent and willing to actually do the job. When I walked in and saw a new name on the sign-in sheet, I groaned, and Mike said, “You haven’t even met her yet, for Christ’s sake! And I hope you like her, because she’s going to be your new partner.” I groaned even louder.
But I did like her, to my surprise! She’s very extroverted and has a good sense of humor. Not even ten minutes after we met, she made me laugh so hard I cried, so it was pretty much a done deal after that. Mike even said he hadn’t heard me laugh that hard (or even just laugh in general, really) in weeks, “not since Aimee and Megan left.”